Well, I must say, it’s quite an honor to be nominated for the new REALITY Blog Award! Thank you so much to The London Flower Lover for the nomination! I am so pleased that you have found my posts to be award-worthy!
The nomination is given from one blogger to another, and recognizes their appreciation of what a blog brings to them as a reader. There are five questions to be answered as a blog post, as followup to the nomination:
1) If you could change something what would you change?
Carbon emissions. Seriously. Scares the crap out of me that nobody seems too concerned, and that there is such propaganda of disbelief still being peddled.
2) If you could repeat an age, what age would it be?
I’ve been the happiest in my life the past five years since getting into gardening. Wouldn’t mind getting all Groundhog Day on the past five years. At 27 my life led me in some directions I wish I hadn’t gone, so I also could handle a re-do on 27. 🙂
3) What one thing really scares you?
Drowning. Fire. I guess smothering is the comm0n denominator there.
4) What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it.
Autobiography. I hope so! I’ve been working on it!
5) If you could be someone else for the day, who would you be?
Victoria Beckham. ‘Nuff said. Or Charles Darwin, for completely different reasons.
The nomination doesn’t come with any specific rules, but instead leaves nominees to do what feels good to them to pay it forward. I follow (I kid you not) about 75 blogs on a daily basis. I’d like to extend my nomination to my favorite-favorite dailies:
- Arigna Gardener – Bridget in Ireland is a warm and kindred spirit, and I love her observations on growing in a hoop house and watching the environment change.
- The Pitcher Plant Project – Fantastic observations and experiments on cross-breeding carnivores by another Bay Area local.
- Plantgasm – Derek has a stylish and entertaining blog on his own plant experiences. Often some great time-lapse videos of plants opening. Fun! A local friend…
- Trees Company – Christopher is a friend and former classmate who now works as an arborist locally. Great observations and posts on his blog about maintenance and aesthetics.
- The Gardens of Alcatraz – My homies. I love following Shelagh’s posts and always look forward to the next!
- Garden Lust – Kristin is a former coworker. (Boy, do I have a lot of friends in the gardening world who are bloggers, or what?!?) Now that she’s relocated, I really enjoy keeping up with her gardening.
- Far Out Flora – I don’t know that I ever would have started blogging, had they not asked me to guest post for them once!
- Weekend Sherpa – Not unlike my Urban Hike series of posts, the Weekend Sherpa has CA coast weekend adventure suggestions.
- Succulent Sisters – These two local girls have been making terrariums as gifts for friends and for sale, and lead low-cost workshops on terrarium building.
I already feel bad that I’m not mentioning everybody. I know there are blogs out there I check regularly that I’m not thinking of right now, and for those I hope you know you’re appreciated!
Thanks again for the nomination, London Flower Lover! It’s an honor!
Pingback: Very Inspiring Blogger Award! | boZannical Gardens